MACOM Announces PAM-4 Technology Chipset for Single Lambda 100G, 200G and 400G Data Center Optical Connectivity
- Enables single wavelength 100G, scalable to 200G and 400G Ethernet Switch-to-Switch and Switch-to-Server Optical Links
- 53 GBaud PAM-4 chipset and technology to be demonstrated at OFC 2017
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170321005936/en/
MACOM announced a complete PAM-4 technology chipset for 100G data rates over a single wavelength enabling single fiber and four-lane parallel fiber connectivity for 100G, 200G and 400G Ethernet applications. This chipset features a new transimpedance amplifier (TIA), transmit and receive clock and data recovery (CDR) devices and linear Electro-Absorption Modulated Laser (EML) driver module. (Photo: Business Wire)
Increased traffic within and between Cloud Data Centers is driving the need for low cost 100G, and for high-speed and low power 200G and 400G interconnects. To increase bandwidth density per port, data centers OEMs are adopting faster data rates starting in 2018. These interconnects will be supported with smaller QSFP, QSFP-DD and OSFP form factor modules, which require suppliers to deliver lower power electronic components. MACOM's chipset addresses these power and bandwidth density needs by supporting single wavelength interconnects with EML lasers or silicon photonics, within the power envelope requirements of these smaller form factor modules.
"The major data center operators are currently deploying 100G optics in
volume to build their intra data center switching fabrics," said
"In 2016, MACOM's silicon solutions enabled over one million 100G
modules for data center and enterprise applications, positioning us as
the market leader in this space," said
MACOM will demonstrate 53 GBaud PAM-4 technology at OFC 2017, Booth
To make an appointment, contact your local sales representative. For more information on MACOM's broad optical and photonic portfolio visit: www.macom.com.
MACOM's PAM-4 Technology Chipset for Single Lambda 100G, 200G and 400G includes the following new products:
- MATA-005817: a single channel 53 GBaud PAM-4 linear TIA for 100Gbps over a single lambda applications
- MAOM-005311: a single channel 53 GBaud PAM-4, 1.8Vpp single ended linear driver for single lambda 100Gbps EML transmitters
- MATA-03819: a four channel 53 GBaud PAM-4 linear TIA for 200Gbps and 400Gbps parallel fiber applications with PIN photodetectors
- MATA-03919: a four channel 53 GBaud PAM-4 linear TIA for 200Gbps and 400Gbps multi-wavelength single fiber applications with APD photodetectors
- MAOM-005411: a four channel 53 GBaud PAM-4, 1.8Vpp single ended linear driver for 100Gbps per lambda EML based parallel and multi-wavelength transmitters
- MAOM-38051: a four channel 28 GBaud PAM-4 (56Gbps) transmit CDR with integrated 2.5V differential pre-driver and adaptive equalizer for EML applications
- MAOM-38053: a four channel 28 GBaud PAM-4 (56Gbps) transmit CDR with integrated 2.5V differential driver and adaptive equalizer for silicon photonics applications
- MASC-38040: a four channel 28 GBaud PAM-4 (56Gbps) receive analog CDR with integrated limiting amplifier for applications as a companion to the TIA.
MACOM is a new breed of analog semiconductor company — one that delivers a unique combination of high growth, diversification and high profitability. We are enabling a better-connected and safer world by delivering breakthrough semiconductor technologies for optical, wireless and satellite networks that satisfy society's insatiable demand for information.
Today, MACOM powers the infrastructure that millions of lives and
livelihoods depend on every minute to communicate, transact business,
travel, stay informed and be entertained. Our technology increases the
speed and coverage of the mobile
Keeping us all safe, MACOM technology enables next-generation radars for air traffic control and weather forecasting, as well as mission success on the modern networked battlefield.
MACOM is the partner of choice to the world's leading communications infrastructure and aerospace and defense companies, helping solve their most complex challenges in areas including network capacity, signal coverage, energy efficiency, and field reliability, through its best-in-class team and broad portfolio of RF, microwave, millimeterwave and lightwave semiconductor products.
MACOM is a pillar of the semiconductor industry, thriving for more than 60 years of daring to change the world for the better through bold technological strokes that deliver true competitive advantage to customers and superior value to investors.
For more information about MACOM, please visit www.macom.com follow @MACOMtweets on Twitter, join MACOM on LinkedIn, or visit the MACOM YouTube Channel.
DISCLAIMER FOR NEW PRODUCTS:
Any express or implied statements in MACOM product announcements are not meant as warranties or warrantable specifications of any kind. The only warranty MACOM may offer with respect to any product sale is one contained in a written purchase agreement between MACOM and the purchaser concerning such sale and signed by a duly authorized MACOM employee, or, to the extent MACOM's purchase order acknowledgment so indicates, the limited warranty contained in MACOM's standard Terms and Conditions for Quotation or Sale, a copy of which may be found at: www.macom.com/support.
MACOM SALES INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
MACOM MEDIA CONTACTS:
Anja-Maria Hastenrath, +49 (0)89 64913634-11
News Provided by Acquire Media